RONNIE PENQUE is a bassist, singer and songwriter who has been working in the music industry for over 40 years. Penque is most notably recognized for his work with the current New Riders of the Purple Sage. The New Riders emerged from the psychedelic rock scene in San Francisco, California in 1969. The band originally included members of the Grateful Dead including Phil Lesh and Jerry Garcia. Penque was also lead singer and bass player for Melvin Seals and JGB. Melvin Seals is the keyboard player for the original Jerry Garcia Band. For the last 30 years Penque has worked other New York area bands including Ripple, Stir Fried and Splintered Sunlight out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. When not working with NRPS Ronnie is busy with his bands, PANAMA DEAD , The Ronnie Penque Band, or doing session work. On November 2, 2010 Penque released his first solo album, titled Only Road Home, on Bayland Records.
Only Road Home is Penque's first solo album. It was released on November 2, 2010 on the Bayland Records label. The album features 11 songs written and produced by Penque. In early 2011 Only Road Home made it to the top of the college radio charts in the Jam Band category. It climbed to number one in February 2011.
Only Road Home contains a version of the song "Olivia Rose", which was originally recorded by the New Riders of the Purple Sage on their 2009 album Where I Come From.
- 17 Pine Avenue - New Riders of the Purple Sage - Woodstock Records, 2012
- Only Road Home - Ronnie Penque - Bayland Records 2010
- Where I Come From: Radio Mixes and Live Bonus, New Riders Of The Purple Sage, 2009
- Where I Come From - New Riders Of the Purple Sage - Woodstock Records, 2009
- Wanted: Live at Turkey Trot, New Riders of the Purple Sage, 2007
- Live New Year's Eve 2006, New Riders of the Purple Sage, 2007
- Jerry Jams -Jersey Cares , Stir Fried, 2005
- Mallory, Music Video- Ronnie Penque/Neon Gods- Bayland Pro.Inc.,2006
Recently Ronnie is using his Alembic Preamp and Alembic super filter
Ronnie is using homemade speakers with JBL's
AMP: Crest 4801 power amp
Ronnie uses DR Strings ER50's 1957 pre CBS Fender Precision bass
Copyright © 2018 PANAMA DEAD - All Rights Reserved.